Saturday 20 July 2013

I Believe: Mel Smith

Following the announcement today of the untimely death of Mel Smith here is my own little tribute based on one of my favourite songs from 'Not the Nine O' Clock News'.


I believe that Michael Gove's good at his job
I believe that poor George Osborne's not a knob
I believe that Brian Sewell is not a snob
I believe, yes, I believe.

I believe that our economy's on the mend
I believe that Jordan's boobs are not pretend
I believe that the NHS is in safe hands
And that 1D are the very best of bands

Yes, I believe that ugly's pretty
That the welfare cuts aren't shitty
Richard Hammond is so witty
And I'll make millions from this ditty

I believe that the moon is made of cheese
And that the Tory Party's free of sleaze
I believe in a land of milk and honey
And that my broadband fees are worth the money

I believe that old George Michael's a good driver
And that Kate's wedding dress cost a fiver
I believe that I am going to live for ever
I believe that Peter André's really clever
And I believe that Amanda Knox is innocent
But I can't believe Ronald Reagan is president











No comments:

Post a Comment