Sunday 7 July 2013

Noises in the Norfolk Night

At around 2 a.m. I was woken up by the most awful sound of someone calling out in pain. Thinking it had come from Bryn's bedroom I was immediately alert and ready for action; the maternal instinct kicking in through my drowsiness, the lioness protecting her cubs (or in my case cub). "Go and see what that was", I said to Geof.
As it turns out, Bryn was still sleeping peacefully in his bed. However, our delinquent cat Ronnie was caught stumbling through the cat flap, clearly in retreat from yet another potential fight. We are still paying the vets' bills from the last one.
In fact, as I write, Ronnie has just sauntered in and settled himself on my lap - please forgive any typos; they will be his fault! This is the little chap who, as a kitten, was caught googling 'bra size 34 D' and no, I am not making that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment