Wednesday 10 July 2013

Decisions, decisions ...

This morning my lovely boss (he'll be reading this) asked me what kind of Teacher's Planner I would like for next year. This always causes great excitement as it is the only freebie we get these days, following the discontinuation of valium-tipped board pens. (Dear Customs and Excise/Drugs Squad/Ofsted - that was a joke - no dawn raids please.)
His first question was quite simple. "A4 or A5?" "A4 please. It's easier to hide my mobile phone from the kids with an A4 one."
Second question. "Ring bound or loose leaf?" " Loose leaf"
Third question. "What colour?" "What colour? Ooh the red is quite nice but I had red this year so maybe not. I don't like the orange one - looks like a baby's nappy. Um, how about green? Oh, no it's that horrible dull green isn't it. What other colours do they do? Is there a pink?"
My boss was trying very hard to appear patient but I know him well enough by now to spot the signs.
"I know", I exclaimed. "I'll have that colour!", pointing to the vivid shade of puce which was spreading from his neck up his face.
In the end I plumped for blue. I may not be needing it anyway if I get my P45 in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment