Monday 8 July 2013

Ronnie, Domestic Short Hair

Continuing the cat theme for a bit, I have been filling in the insurance claim for Ronnie's vet bill this evening. He has had a string of problems recently all stemming from a nasty cat bite and prompting me to add new lyrics to the Tom Jones classic. 'What's new pussycat?' (choose from any of the following in response) 'Think I'm gonna vomit/Got a swollen lymph gland/Got an anal abscess/Need a shot of steroids'.
Last month was so bad, in fact, that we had our own seat in the waiting room and I kept worrying that the vet thought I had the feline version of Munchausens by proxy.
Anyway, he seems to be in good health now, unlike my bank account, and I had to smile when Bryn, asking about what breed Ronnie was said, "Mummy, is he a demented short hair?" Yes son, he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment