Saturday 6 July 2013

Sat Nav

Living round these rural parts Sat Nav can be invaluable but it can also leave you incredulous that a machine could be so stupid. I often wonder if there is a national conspiracy to leave Norfolk off GPS systems so that we natives just end up driving around the county in a pleasantly befuddled manner but never actually get to escape!
On one occasion I was out in the car with my young son and was getting particularly frustrated with the polite but rather frosty tone the Sat Nav lady was taking with me. The longer she persisted with her erroneous instructions the more fed up I got, until eventually I shouted at her "Shut up you daft cow!". She did...for several miles....and then for a few more.
In the back of the car my little boy was getting worried. "Mummy, you've upset the lady. You need to say sorry", he pleaded. And so it was that I found myself, lost in the depths of Norfolk, apologising to a small grey box. Amazingly she did start speaking again after that, and we eventually found our way home! Definitely a Normal for Norfolk moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment