Thursday 11 July 2013

One to scare my hetereosexual male readers: PMT

When we lived in the great metropolis that is Wakefield we came across an unusual phenomenon, namely supermarkets being open outside the hours of 9-5. Whilst I am in no way an advocate of the 24/7 society, I must say that being able to go shopping outside working hours is quite useful.
Our local store (not the posh one) opens at 8 o'clock and one day I went in before work for a few items. I think I had managed to beat the pensioners on this occasion so my visit was a fairly speedy affair. However, I did have time to spot one young man who was unloading his goods behind mine on the conveyor belt. Flowers, chocolates and a 'feminine hygiene' product. The poor man. The breakfast things were barely off the table and he had already managed to upset a pre-menstrual woman to the extent that a mercy dash to Sainsbury's was necessary. I wonder how that one turned out...?

1 comment: