Friday 2 August 2013

Buying Bling Norfolk Style

I have recently been thinking about jewellery quite a bit. This is not some strange obsessive affliction I have developed but rather can be put down to the fact that I am going to be a god-mother in September and want to get something nice for my beautiful god-daughter, something a bit more up-market than a vajazzle from the pound shop.
All this rumination on things blingy reminded me of a tale my dad told me about a Norfolk jeweller friend of his. A woman had come into his shop and said she wanted to buy a crucifix for her niece. The jeweller got out various pieces he thought might fit the bill, gold ones, silver ones, a variety of sizes and a range of prices. The customer looked through them for a bit and then said "There ookay I spoose, but hint you got none with the little fella on?"
I don't know how the jeweller kept a straight face, but I bet the Almighty had a good chortle at that one.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo cripes, please don't get a vajazzle, not sure Anna is old enough lol for body art in that particular area just yet and hopefully never will succumb! However, she did try to put a Hello Kitty sticker down her nappy so I suppose that could count! :-) Thanks for making me giggle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Will try to be more subtle for my god-daughter. Maybe could get her an iggle piggle tattoo?

      Delete